Saturday, August 8, 2009

Mmmmm Mmmmmm



Sarah has been showing signs of wanting to eat solid food for awhile. She watches Arlo and me intently whenever we eat. Yesterday, at the park, she watched a baby eat, opening her mouth whenever the other baby did. Arlo helped her play with a spoon today and even with just air, she knew what to do.

Since she is not yet 6 months old, our choices of what to give her were limited. She could have commercial rice cereal (but not homemade whole grain cereal), avocado, banana, or sweet potato. The rice cereal is out for us. The only ones I can find in the stores here have preservatives in them and Arlo was severely allergic to preservatives as a child. We don't want to take that chance with Sarah. I will make my own cereal eventually, but her digestive system can't handle the whole grain yet. So we went with the avocado.

I think you can see that she liked it. I guess she will be a guacamole girl. I think we will hold off on the margareitas for awhile.

1 comment:

  1. She is sooo cute! She's going to be a completely different person by the time I see her at christmas. So glad you posted this video.

    PS I finally sent off her bumper. Should get to you this week.

    ReplyDelete