Saturday, January 31, 2009

End of the Month

With this post, I've done it! I've accomplished my goal of posting every day for the month of January. To those of you that slogged through the days that I really didnt' have anything to say ... Thank You!

For some reason, when I realized that today was the last day of the month, my mind started thinking about one of my favorite books as a child. It was a "little golden book." My favorite of these was "Sam the Firehouse Cat" but the book that came to mind was "The Monster at the End of this Book." It has Grover (from Sesame Street) reading along with you and when he realizes that there is a monster at the end of the book, he does everything he can think of to prevent you from reaching the end. He bricks the pages up, ties them down, and many other things I'm sure, but I can't remember exactly. But then, of course, when you reach the end of the book, the only monster is sweet, lovable, Grover.

I'm not saying that I dreaded reaching the end of the month, that there might be a monster in this post or anything. I'm thinking that this book came to mind because of the relief I feel at reaching the end and seeing that it wasn't so bad. For some reason, I write these posts right before I go to bed. This has not been good planning on my part, but there you go. So each night I had this Blog-Monster looming over my head. But I feel success at having accomplished the goal.

Have no fear, I will continue to post. Maybe, even tomorrow night, we'll see.



In other news, we are again a two-car family. I'm a little amazed that we ended up buying an SUV, but you never know where life is going to take you. It is a 1996 Ford Explorer that seems to be in really great shape. It has over 100K miles on it and I'm sure the gas mileage is atrocious but all we needed was something that Arlo could drive back and forth to work (less than 3 miles round trip) and we wanted something that could carry large purchases, when necessary, but still have a back seat so that it could accommodate a car seat. We wanted something under $3000 (we paid $2500) so that we could buy it outright and not have a car payment. Success all around.

Secondly, we saw Gran Torino tonight (great movie). It was at a neat little theater where the two of us had dinner and a movie for less than $20 ... including snacks. It was nice to have a little date with my husband.

3 comments:

  1. I miss your posts! No pressure, of course. But some of us are dying to know what other baby presents you've gotten. And well that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Gran Torino, too.

    And I miss your posts, too.

    ReplyDelete