Sunday, January 25, 2009

Nine Months

Do you remember this movie with Hugh Grant and Julianne Moore? I didn't. Except I think I might have seen it. Either that, or the previews and commercials for the movie overlapped in such a way that I had seen the movie without ever having seen it.

Regardless, I thought this should be a nice funny movie to watch as I head into my 34th week of this pregnancy. There were parts that I found particularly funny based on my own personal experience. But mainly I thought "Wow! I can't believe I'm watching a movie with Tom Arnold. I remember now why I don't watch movies with Tom Arnold." and that it was almost, but not quite completely unlike, being pregnant. Although, I do understand everyone experiences pregnancy differently. But it is hard to be believable when your premise is that the "perfect relationship" is rocked to its core by pregnancy. I'm not buying a perfect relationship that has so little communication in it.

While I have told many people that I don't think I could have been a single pregnant woman, that Arlo's support has been imperative and so important to me, I wasn't sure I had told Arlo this (or at least not recently). So I took the opportunity to do so. And I'm doing so again, publicly.

Thank you so much for your love and support. I love you, Arlo and I think you will be as wonderful a father as you are a husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment