Thursday, January 29, 2009

Yards and yards of pinky goodness


I've been wanting to make a quilt for the guest room bed for a number of years now. (You would think I would want a new quilt for our bed since the one we have is the first quilt that I ever made and I didn't quite understand the need to back stitch or give proper seam allowances. This has lead to many holes in the quite faded quilt. But somehow, I haven't been ready to replace it. Maybe the reasons for replacing it are all actually reasons for not replacing it.) Anyway, now that we've decided that the bed will stay in the baby's room (at least for now) I really want to do something to make it a bit more girly. I've decided on pink and brown. I'm not quite sure yet what pattern I will do for the quilt, but the fabric was half off and only through this Sunday so I just had to get it now.

I'm not so sure that the bottom left fabric (close-up below) goes as well with the rest of the fabrics but I just couldn't resist the toile images of a mother and daughter that were perfectly brown on pink fabric. I will find something to do with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment