Friday, January 2, 2009

Lowered Expectations


Arlo found this T-shirt with a slogan on it that is inspiring me these days. It says, "I'm growing a human, what did you do today?" I had a list a mile long of things that I wanted to do today. Arlo asked this morning if I was planning on developing some pictures today and I told him that it wasn't currently on my very over-ambitious list of things for today but I would do it soon. Well, I accomplished one goal for today. I took down the Christmas decorations! That's it. I accomplished other things not on my list, though. For instance I took a 3 hour nap. That goes towards the goal of growing a human, right?

In taking down the Christmas decorations, I photographed the ornaments that I made for Arlo this year. I have this thing that Christmas stockings must have ornaments in them. But we set a strict budget for ourselves this year and I felt guilty using some of that money for an ornament when I'm the one that cares ... not Arlo. So I made these little bunnies instead. The mama bunny came almost directly from this pattern from Little Cotton Rabbits blog. Then I tried to adapt it for the papa and baby bunny. I don't think they came out as well. This is also a bit fussier a project than I typically work with. The tiny limbs and ears were a challenge to sew on nicely.






1 comment: