Saturday, January 17, 2009

Snow Angel


Arlo has been talking about making the perfect snow angel for months now, ever since we had our first dusting of snow. Since it was 40 degrees warmer today than it was yesterday, he decided today was the day to make his mark in the pristine snow in our back yard.


Millie supervised.

In case you weren't reading carefully, I did say that it was 40 degrees warmer today than it was yesterday. Today was 20 degrees Fahrenheit. We got up yesterday morning and I turned on the news ... it was 19 degrees below zero. I turned to Arlo and told him that he was on his own today. I had no intention of leaving the house and I didn't. Also on the news, I watched one of the reporters take a cup of hot water from the cooler/hot water dispenser in the studio and walk outside and throw the water into the air ... it just vaporized. Well, of course, we had to try it. So I boiled some water and took it outside in a coffee cup. When I threw it out and about 3/4 of the cup of water vaporized in the cold, dry air. Some of the water did in fact hit the ground. But it was still really cool to see.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure that Millie was instrumental in the perfect snow angel.

    40 degrees warmer!!!! It was 20 degrees here today too. Lucky for us, it wasn't neg 19 last week.

    ReplyDelete